An attractive reverse seared steak great with Sirlion or Ribeye steak and Cherry Flavour Bisquettes.
- Double Steaks – We used Sirloin’s but Ribeye’s also work fantastic with this recipe. Min 1.5in thick each
- 2tsp Sea Salt per Steak
- 1tsp Coarse Ground Black Pepper
- Thermometer with meat probe desirable for this recipe.
- Sprinkle the salt onto the steaks on both sides and place them on a wire rack in the fridge for 1-2 hours.
- Set smoker to 110C and turn smoke function on. We used Cherry Flavour Bisquettes, but you can use whichever bisquettes you wish.
- Apply the pepper on the steaks, and then place them on the smoker.
- Leave to smoke for approx 1 hour until it reaches an internal temperature of 51C.
- Remove the steaks from the smoker. Rest them in a warm place.
- Prepare for searing the steaks. This can be done in a hot cast-iron skillet on the stovetop or over fire on the grill.
- Place the steak in the skillet for about 2-3 minutes per side. You are looking for nice colour on the steak and to bring it up the final few degrees.
- When the steak reaches 55C it will be the perfect medium-rare. Serve immediately with your choice of sides.