Smoked Beef Cheek Tacos a delicous recipe for use with Bradley Smokers.
- 4 Beef Cheeks
- Favourite Beef Rub – we made our own simple one by combining 1tsp each of salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and sweet paprika.
- 1 bottle of Ginger Beer
- 2 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Mustard or Hot Sauce
- 1 pack of Tortillas
- Bunch Coriander
- Sweet Tomatoes
- 1 clove Garlic
- 1 Red Onion
- ½ tsp Cumin Seeds
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Black Pepper
- Juice of ½ Lime
- Pinch of White Sugar
- Trim all of the surface fat and silverskin from the beef cheeks.
- Season the beef cheeks with your favorite rub. To help the rub adhere, rub some of the mustard or hot sauce on the outside of the meat.
- Set Smoker to 110-125C and turn smoke function on. We are using Cherry Flavour Bisquettes which we love with beef cheeks, but you can use whichever flavour you like.
- Once up to temperature, place the cheeks in the smoker. Smoke until you have a nice colour and the internal temperature is reading approximately 75-80C. This will take approximately 3-4 hours.
- Place the cheeks in a tray with the ginger beer. You are looking to cover approximately 1 cm of the cheeks with the tops still out of the liquid. Sprinkle the sugar over the top of the cheeks and into the ginger beer. Wrap the tray with a layer of foil and put back in to cook until the beef cheeks are reading 95C or are very tender to touch, this will be approximately 1.5-2 hours.
- Rest the cheeks for approximately 30 minutes before pulling to serve.
- For the salsa, finely chop the tomato, red onion and garlic. Coarsely chop the coriander. Combine everything together.